* gnus-group-select-group-ephemerally - is it broken
@ 2001-12-23  2:45 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-12-23  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anyone else notice this command not working?

`C-M-RET'
     Finally, this command selects the current group ephemerally without
     doing any processing of its contents
     (`gnus-group-select-group-ephemerally').  Even threading has been
     turned off.  Everything you do in the group after selecting it in
     this manner will have no permanent effects.

With cursor on nnml:dh, I get this backtrace:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Couldn't request group nnml+-ephemeral:nnml:nnml:dh: Invalid group (no such directory)")
  signal(error ("Couldn't request group nnml+-ephemeral:nnml:nnml:dh: Invalid group (no such directory)"))
  error("Couldn't request group %s: %s" "nnml+-ephemeral:nnml:nnml:dh" "Invalid group (no such directory)")
  gnus-select-newsgroup("nnml+-ephemeral:nnml:nnml:dh" t nil)
  gnus-summary-read-group-1("nnml+-ephemeral:nnml:nnml:dh" t t nil nil nil)
  gnus-summary-read-group("nnml+-ephemeral:nnml:nnml:dh" t t nil nil nil nil)
  gnus-group-read-group(t t "nnml+-ephemeral:nnml:nnml:dh" nil)
  byte-code("ÂÉ\b	$…\n
  gnus-group-read-ephemeral-group("nnml:nnml:dh" (nnml ""))
  gnus-group-select-group-ephemerally()
  call-interactively(gnus-group-select-group-ephemerally)

Is all that guff supposed to be added to the name?

* Re: gnus-group-select-group-ephemerally - is it broken
@ 2001-12-23  3:03 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-12-23  3:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Anyone else notice this command not working?
>
> `C-M-RET'
>      Finally, this command selects the current group ephemerally without
>      doing any processing of its contents
>      (`gnus-group-select-group-ephemerally').  Even threading has been
>      turned off.  Everything you do in the group after selecting it in
>      this manner will have no permanent effects.

Fixed.

ShengHuo

* Re: gnus-group-select-group-ephemerally - is it broken
@ 2001-12-23  4:22   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-12-23  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> Fixed.