From: dsg@world.std.com (David S. Goldberg)
Subject: Re: Problem starting nnimap unplugged
Date: 13 Feb 2001 11:30:35 -0500	[thread overview]

>> Gnus appeared to hang interminably long.  Eventually I gave up with
>> a C-g.

> A backtrace from here would help (`toggle-debug-on-quit', or perhaps
> `toggle-debug-on-signal' is required).

Actually, that wasn't necessary.  I debugged it by trying
gnus-unplugged while connected to the network and noticed that gnus
was connecting to my secondary imap server and an nntp server but not
to the agentized imap server.  I clearly didn't understand that
gnus-unplugged still tries to connect to these on the network and that
is apparently where things were hanging up.  In retrospect it should
have been obvious that gnus-unplugged would only attempt to treat
agentized groups specially but a warning to that effect in the
documentation might be in order in case I'm not the only luser who
misunderstands that.  I've now added them to the agent and things are
working OK.

Thanks,
--
Dave Goldberg