* Latest update breaks saving parts
@ 2001-08-10 15:33 David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 2001-08-10 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

After updating this morning (8/10 around 0830 EDT), I've tried to save
a couple of attachments to disk.  I end up with an error thrown (Error
with message).  I suspect the following may have some faulty logic in
it:

2001-08-09  Simon Josefsson  <jas@extundo.com>

        * mm-decode.el (mm-insert-part): Return decoding success status.
        (mm-save-part-to-file): Error if decoding failed.

Saving the entire message and running metamail on it successfully
extracts the attachment.  Also I now get this error trying to extract
attachments from older messages that were successful prior to this
update.  Finally, one attachment was an image/jpeg which displayed
just fine inline but throws the error when trying to save.  I think
the decoding function (presumably mm-decode-content-transfer-encoding)
must therefore be succeeding but not returning what an expected value
for success.  I've been unable to follow the code well enough to
understand it for sure.

Thanks,
--
Dave Goldberg