* Change initial minibuffer contents for `B m'?
@ 2001-06-14 11:08 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-06-14 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I hit `B m' from an nnml group, the minibuffer contains `nnml:'.
However, often I want to move the message to an nnimap group, so I
have to delete three characters.  Is there a way to change this
initial minibuffer contents to `nn', say?

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: Change initial minibuffer contents for `B m'?
@ 2001-06-18 19:12 ` David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 2001-06-18 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When I hit `B m' from an nnml group, the minibuffer contains `nnml:'.
> However, often I want to move the message to an nnimap group, so I
> have to delete three characters.  Is there a way to change this
> initial minibuffer contents to `nn', say?

Interesting.  I get no initial text at all.  Oh wait, that's because I
use gnus-move-split-methods to suggest a default.  It would be nice if
that default were done as initial text rather than a normal default.
How hard would it be to make that happen?  This would, I think, solve
both Kai's problem and mine in that he could simply set
gnus-move-split-methods to the string "nn" to get the initial text he
wants, and make it easier for me to change the group when my mostly
OK, but less than perfect method for selecting a default doesn't pick
what I want.  I just took a look at gnus-sum.el.  I'm guessing
something has to be done to gnus-read-move-group-name or perhaps
gnus-completing-read but a quick glance isn't enough for me to follow
what's going on in there.
--
Dave Goldberg
dsg@world.std.com