* open-url problem
@ 2001-04-25 19:14 Laura Conrad
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Laura Conrad @ 2001-04-25 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,43134,00.html

This is a URL that opens fine when typed into netscape directly, but on
ognus from a month or so ago, configured to open url's in netscape,
netscape 4.77 gives an error:

netscape-communicator: usage: OpenURL(urs[,new-window|window-name])

This may well be a netscape bug, not an ognus bug.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org)
http://www.laymusic.org : Putting live music back in the living room.

* Re: open-url problem
@ 2001-04-25 19:22 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2001-04-25 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org> writes:
> http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,43134,00.html

> ognus from a month or so ago, configured to open url's in netscape,
> netscape 4.77 gives an error:

Running NS 4.75 plus Oort 0.03 in XEmacs 21.4.0, it opens fine.

* Re: open-url problem
@ 2001-04-25 19:23 ` Paul Jarc
From: Paul Jarc @ 2001-04-25 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Laura Conrad <lconrad@laymusic.org> writes:
> http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,43134,00.html
>
> This is a URL that opens fine when typed into netscape directly, but on
> ognus from a month or so ago, configured to open url's in netscape,
> netscape 4.77 gives an error:

I'm using FSF Emacs 20.7, ognus from 2001-04-22, and Netscape 4.77,
and it works for me.

paul

* Re: open-url problem
@ 2001-04-26 15:13 ` David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 2001-04-26 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

You've got an old version of browse-url that doesn't properly quote
the commas.  Hence the openURL command to netscape -remote is seeing
multiple arguments.  I see you use xemacs.  Grab the latest mail-lib
package.  That's where browse-url resides.
--
Dave Goldberg
dsg@world.std.com