Posting styles is a great thing, but be aware, it requires a recent version of Gnus. I'm pretty sure it isn't in the version that's stock with Emacs and XEmacs. For what its worth, I found the way posting styles does it's matches to be somewhat confusing. After a good deal of mucking about in the bbdb source, I came up with the attached. It lets me set my return address and signature based on the news/mail group I'm in when I start the message and, if its a reply and the user I'm replying to has mail-from or signature bbdb entries, use those. -- Dave Goldberg Post: The Mitre Corporation\MS B305\202 Burlington Rd.\Bedford, MA 01730 Phone: 781-271-3887 Email: dsg@mitre.org