* set different fqdn in posting-styles
@ 2001-09-28  0:36 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-09-28  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

At risk of being shot by mail officianados for doing this the wrong
way.  I want to reset fqdn in posting styles so that posts from one of
my email addresses get the right stuff.

Currently I use this in .gnus:
(defun message-make-fqdn ()
  "My  hacked message-id."
  "reader.newsguy.com")

To get it right for most posts.  Now I want to overide that from `G p'
posting-styles code in a  specific group.

Can that be done?

* Re: set different fqdn in posting-styles
@ 2001-09-28 12:50 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-09-28 12:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> Currently I use this in .gnus:
> (defun message-make-fqdn ()
>   "My  hacked message-id."
>   "reader.newsguy.com")
>
> To get it right for most posts.  Now I want to overide that from `G p'
> posting-styles code in a  specific group.

How about

(defun message-make-fqdn ()
  "My hacked hacked message-id."
  (if (string-match "x" gnus-newsgroup-name)
      "xyzzy.com"
    "reader.newsguy.com"))

This uses a different FQDN if the group name contains "x".

kai
--
Abort this operation?   [OK]  [Cancel]

* Re: set different fqdn in posting-styles
@ 2001-09-28 19:26   ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 2001-09-28 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

> How about
>
> (defun message-make-fqdn ()
>   "My hacked hacked message-id."
>   (if (string-match "x" gnus-newsgroup-name)
>       "xyzzy.com"
>     "reader.newsguy.com"))

Oh nice... very cool.  And don't need to mess with `G p'.  Now I can
freely send tons of spam with fake fqdn and  message ids.... he he  Wheeee.