From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Subject: Re: Oort Gnus shows always dormant articles in summary
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 08:13:50 -0700	[thread overview]

david.goldberg6@verizon.net (David S. Goldberg) writes:

>> Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but I think gnus remembers if you
>> happen to press `/ D' (`gnus-summary-limit-include-dormant') in a
>> group for some reason.  Next time you enter that group gnus remembers
>> the `/ D' and displays all dormant articles for you.  To cure the
>> problem press `/ d' (lower case d)
>> (`gnus-summary-limit-exclude-dormant') to make them disappear.
>
> I haven't seen it, nor can I repeat it, with / D, but it does happen
> to me if I toggle threading off with T T in a summary buffer.  The
> immediate summary doesn't get dormant's inserted, but all subsequent
> groups have them showing.  I have so much cruft in my .emacs and .gnus
> related to setting summary variables that I just chalked it up to
> local config and since I nearly always want threading on it doesn't
> bug me.  In fact, it's a nice reminder to turn threading back on when
> I've shut it off temporarily :-)

What you've noticed seems to be true here as well.  That is gnus *Does
NOT* remember about `/ D' as I posted, but a `T T' will cause the
dormants to show up.  Surely that is a bug eh?  In fact, like you, I
rarely use `T T' but have thought a few times that the toggle should go
back to default when the summary buffer is closed or next opened.

Any one else think that should be the behavior, rather than having
`T T' stay in force after leaving the group?