* How to propertize &user-date
@ 2010-09-03 21:52 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2010-09-03 21:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Normally I can define gnus user defined format functions for things
like gnus-summary-line-format and call propertize to apply my own faces
to line sections.

But how can I apply my own face to the &user-date  output? I realise I
could create my own user format function to display the date and
propertize that but then I lose the functionality already available via
gnus-user-date-format-alist.

Thanks for any help.

* Re: How to propertize &user-date
@ 2010-09-03 22:35 ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2010-09-03 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On 2010-09-03 22:52 +0100, Richard Riley wrote:
> Normally I can define gnus user defined format functions for things
> like gnus-summary-line-format and call propertize to apply my own faces
> to line sections.
>
> But how can I apply my own face to the &user-date  output? I realise I
> could create my own user format function to display the date and
> propertize that but then I lose the functionality already available via
> gnus-user-date-format-alist.
>
> Thanks for any help.

If you put the format spec inside say %5{} it will uses the value of
gnus-face-5 ie if gnus-face-5 is 'bold, it will use bold.

Leo