From: merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: finally on pgnus, but confused about MIME
Date: 31 Oct 1999 15:34:43 -0800	[thread overview]

>>>>> "Hrvoje" == Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> writes:

Hrvoje> merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz) writes:
>> How do I get at that "2." thing?

Hrvoje> Because the GIF is technically the second MIME part.  Press `K b', and
Hrvoje> you'll understand it.  Press `K C-h' to see what MIME commands are
Hrvoje> available.

Perhaps the manual needs to be updated to include these mysterious
"K ... " commands. :)  I was looking for exactly these!  Thanks.

Hrvoje>   (Note that the commands take numeric prefix that
Hrvoje> corresponds to the number you see.)  Or, you can do the same using the
Hrvoje> context-sensitive menu on button3.

I don't have a "button3".  I'm in text mode.

Hrvoje> The most frequently used MIME command is `b', which "activates" the
Hrvoje> MIME part, i.e. shows it inline, runs an external command, whatever is
Hrvoje> appropriate.  In your case, pressing `2 b' would display the image as
Hrvoje> dictated by your .mailcap file.

Ahh, I guess I have to get a .mailcap file then.  Where is the description
of that?