* How to debug scoring?
@ 2020-05-11 21:46 Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2020-05-11 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi

my scoring woes are back:

1. `V S` shows different score from `V t` which...
2. shows a rule from a score file not applicable to this group

How do I debug this?
- how do I figure out a full list of all score files applicable to this
  group? (and why)
- how do I figure out why `V S` and `V t` report different scores?

Thanks!

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1671
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com

* Re: How to debug scoring?
@ 2020-05-19 13:43 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2020-05-19 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Steingold; +Cc: ding

Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org> writes:

> my scoring woes are back:
>
> 1. `V S` shows different score from `V t` which...
> 2. shows a rule from a score file not applicable to this group

What's the output from `V S'?

> How do I debug this?
> - how do I figure out a full list of all score files applicable to this
>   group? (and why)
> - how do I figure out why `V S` and `V t` report different scores?

They should ideally be identical, and I can't recall seeing them being
different?  I don't have any tips for debugging this other than
edebugging the functions in question and looking at what they do
different.

* Re: How to debug scoring?
@ 2020-05-19 18:11   ` Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2020-05-19 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> * Lars Ingebrigtsen <ynefv@tahf.bet> [2020-05-19 15:43:54 +0200]:
>
> Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> my scoring woes are back:
>>
>> 1. `V S` shows different score from `V t` which...
>> 2. shows a rule from a score file not applicable to this group
>
> What's the output from `V S'?

`V t` ==> "No score rules apply to the current article (default score 0)."
`V S` ==> -100

>> How do I debug this?
>> - how do I figure out a full list of all score files applicable to this
>>   group? (and why)
>> - how do I figure out why `V S` and `V t` report different scores?
>
> They should ideally be identical, and I can't recall seeing them being
> different?  I don't have any tips for debugging this other than
> edebugging the functions in question and looking at what they do
> different.

I was hoping for something like a list of "functions in question"...
I have long given up on figuring out the complexities of gnus ;-(

Thanks!

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on darwin Ns 10.3.1671
http://childpsy.net http://calmchildstories.com http://steingoldpsychology.com
http://think-israel.org https://ffii.org https://mideasttruth.com
OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.