* Problems with expiration of mails
@ 2012-01-08 16:20 Stefan Nobis
From: Stefan Nobis @ 2012-01-08 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi.

Yesterday I updated from the stable Emacs release 23.3 to the trunk
version of bzr (GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, NS
apple-appkit-1038.36)). The Gnus version I use is the one bundled with
Emacs (currently gnus-version says Gnus v5.13).

The problem occurs in some IMAP folders (accessed via nnimap). In one
folder all mails older than 60 days should be moved into an archive
folder (of the same account). In the archive folder nothing should be
expired.

I activated the expiry via group parameters, both auto-expire and
expiry-wait are set. This worked well in the old version and seems to
work well in the current version, too.

For the archive folder I set (expiry-wait . never) and that worked in
the old version with Emacs 23.3.

After the update I entered the archive group and when I left it all of
the old mails are expired (which means they are deleted).

I tried to find a reason for this new, unexpected behaviour but I
didn't find anything. So is there some new setting I need to know
about or has anyone an idea how to further examine/debug the problem?

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 454 bytes --]

* Re: Problems with expiration of mails
@ 2012-01-12  7:22 ` Stefan Nobis
From: Stefan Nobis @ 2012-01-12  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi.

Is there any way to absolutely and reliably prohibit expiration in an
nnimap group?

In Gnus bundeled with Emacs 23.3 a group parameter

  (expiry-wait . never)

worked for me. After updating to Emacs 24.0.92.1 (bkr trunk of
2012-01-06) the bundled Gnus version expires mails even in nnimap
groups where (expiry-wait . never) is set.

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.

* Re: Problems with expiration of mails
@ 2012-01-27 17:08   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-01-27 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Stefan Nobis <stefan-ml@snobis.de> writes:

> Is there any way to absolutely and reliably prohibit expiration in an
> nnimap group?
>
> In Gnus bundeled with Emacs 23.3 a group parameter
>
>   (expiry-wait . never)

That should still work, unless it was affected by the buggy parameter
handling until yesterday.  If this still doesn't work for you, try `M-x
debug-on-entry RET nnimap-request-expire-articles RET' and post the
backtrace.

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Sent from my Rome