From: Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Subject: Xtra headers and nov - what order
Date: 17 Aug 2001 08:25:16 -0700	[thread overview]

How does gnus decide what order the default items in .overview appear?

When we add xtra headers like `Keywords" or something, how does gnus
decide where it will appear in the .overview  line?

If I wanted to generate a nov like file for a group not under gnus
control, and was then to subscibe to that group under an nnml server
would gnus care about the order of entries?  Or would gnus just
regenerate nov even if it  were already there?

I'm thinking of creating an nnml group that is empty unless I run a
homemade search tool that finds messages from possibly many
groups/directories in a massive archive not under gnus control and
plops those messages into the empty nnml group, generating nov as it
does so.

If I then, tell gnus to enter that nnml group will it automatically
find the new nov file and report the summary buffer accorrdingly?
Or will dinking around behind gnus back make her very angry?