On 2010-12-15 21:11 +0000, Thierry Volpiatto wrote: > Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes: > >> Francis Moreau writes: >> >>> Since Gnus is using Git as SCM, I'm wondering if some of you have a >>> magical function that can be used to send patch easily. >>> >>> For example, git-format-patch(1) generates a patch with all header >>> fields set up such as "Subject, From..." and I'd like to create a new >>> mail automatically from the generated patch using the header fields in >>> the patch. >>> >>> Currently I'm starting a new mail and in the message body I'm inserting >>> the output from git-format-patch(1) and then I do some clean up >>> _manually_. >>> >>> Using git-send-email(1) with its ton of options is too complex for me >>> when I need to send only 1 patch. >> >> This sounds like a good idea, but I think that it might belong more to >> vc-mode than to Gnus, so I've Cc'd it to emacs-devel. >> >> Does the VC system have a general "make-an-email-from-this-patch" >> mechanism? > DVC have this. > M-x dvc-export-via-mail I tweaked gnus-dired to support git-send-email (patches attached). So if you have gnus-dired loaded you can in dired buffer: C-c C-m C-i import patches as DRAFTS C-c C-m C-s send patches directly This is handy when you need to send a large patch set. For one to two patches I just copy and paste. Note if you want your patches to have nice threading, check out the option --thread for git-format-patch. Cheers, Leo -- Oracle is the new evil