Hi I asked already in the emacs.mac mailing list, but it was sugested to ask here - so this is what I do. I installed gnu-emacs ,---- | GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin12.4.0, NS apple-appkit-1187.39) `---- via homebrew as well as well ws emacs (carbon) ,---- | GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36) | of 2013-03-13 on bob.porkrind.org `---- and I have a questions concerning maximising and second frame on both, started with -q. I have a Macbook Pro Retina plus a second monitor. I can maximise emacs without problems, and then one monitor is, as expected, blank. Now I would like to open a second frame on the second monitor. I managed once, but now, the second frame is automatically maximised, resulting it being moved away. How can I create a new frame, without it becoming automatically maximised? I tried setting default-frame-alist and it works, but as soon as all the specified settings are applied, the frame is maximised. The reason why I would like to have this option is that I could then move the second frame to the (now blank) monitor. Thanks, Rainer -- Rainer M. Krug email: RMKruggmailcom