Daiki Ueno writes: > Dave Goldberg writes: >> ... which parses the To: Cc: and Gcc: headers to come up with the list >> of recipients and fill in the certfile tags based on that (the Gcc >> check just results in a call for my personal key if Gcc exists) > > FWIW, you may want to try epg backend of mml-smime. IIRC, it collects > recipient addresses from To/Cc/Bcc, and uses gpgsm (GnuPG's S/MIME tool) > to pick certificate by email address. Yes, let me second that. I switched from openssl to gpgsm and I think it's much more comfortable to use. However, the epg backend can't yet decrypt S/MIME messages, but I think it just needs a few lines to add this - see the attached patch. At the moment it just silently decrypts the message; there should surely be some hint that this message was actually decrypted, but first I'd like to know if adding the decryption in mm-view.el is the right choice. I'm still working on understanding where all the S/MIME decoding is happening - it seems there is a lot of historical baggage. -David