* Hidden Topics bug.
@ 1997-09-24 21:28 David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 1997-09-24 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have noticed that there is a slight bug in the hiding of empty
topics. If I have a topic with a group that has marked messages in it,
it isn't hidden even though there are no unread messages (incorrect
behaviour in my opinion). If I put this topic in a new topic, the new
topic is hidden. Ie:

Not hiding:

    [ Junk foo -- 0 ]
      [ Junk -- 0 ]
*          0   387:  misc

Hiding on with Junk foo unfolded looks the same. If I fold Junk foo,
it disappears. I would like "Junk" to be hidden in the first
place. (Make it a configurable option if you wish -
gnus-topic-hide-ticked or something).

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
A stitch in time saves nine.

* Re: Hidden Topics bug.
@ 1997-09-27  3:32 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-27  3:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:

> If I have a topic with a group that has marked messages in it, it
> isn't hidden even though there are no unread messages (incorrect
> behaviour in my opinion).

This is a feature.

* Re: Hidden Topics bug.
@ 1997-09-28  3:36   ` David Hedbor
From: David Hedbor @ 1997-09-28  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:
>
> > If I have a topic with a group that has marked messages in it, it
> > isn't hidden even though there are no unread messages (incorrect
> > behaviour in my opinion).
>
> This is a feature.

Is it possible to make this feature an optional feature?

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
In the next world, you're on your own.

* Re: Hidden Topics bug.
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-10-03 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Hedbor <david@hedbor.org> writes:

> > > If I have a topic with a group that has marked messages in it, it
> > > isn't hidden even though there are no unread messages (incorrect
> > > behaviour in my opinion).
> >
> > This is a feature.
>
> Is it possible to make this feature an optional feature?

Anything is possible, but I'm not going to add this.