Gnus development mailing list
* Is it possible to delete selected articles from POP3 source?
@ 2020-11-04 11:34 Pankaj Jangid
From: Pankaj Jangid @ 2020-11-04 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnus Users

Actually, I don't want that feature. What I need is IMAP access but I
want quick access to articles, like `nnml'.

Is it possible to prefetch and keep `unread' or `marked' or `not older
than 30 days' emails? At present the article is fetched when I press RET
on it in summary buffer.

Another way is to setup POP3 mail-source and delete everything when not
required locally. And selectively deleting few mails from server, if
that is possible.

In case of IMAP, search will work perfectly. But in 2nd workaround, that
would also be a challenge to setup I guess.

Another workaround is to setup both IMAP and POP3 for a server and read
and browse mails in POP3 group and expire everything after reading. And
when I want to delete permanently from server then go to linked IMAP
group and do so. IMAP search will also work.

If prefetch and caching is possible with IMAP then no workaround is
required.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-11-04 11:36 UTC | newest]