Eric Abrahamsen writes: > Rainer M Krug writes: > >> Eric Abrahamsen writes: >> >>> Rainer M Krug writes: >>> >>>> Eric Abrahamsen writes: >>>> >>>>> Rainer M Krug writes: >>>>> >>>>>> <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign> >>>>>> Eric Abrahamsen writes: >>>>>> >>>>>>> Rainer M Krug writes: >>>>>>> > > [...] > >>> A problem I've run into in the past is that Gnus parses the mailbox name >>> using (read (current-buffer)). That's supposed to chomp the whole name >>> in one go, which it does if the mailbox is quoted. But if it isn't >>> quoted, the read just chomps forward until it hits a slash, or a period, >>> or some other character that it considers to delimit a Lisp object. >> >> That explains. >> >>> >>> Right now, browsing the group list for any of my Gmail imap accounts, I >>> see this in the list: >>> >>> U 0: [Gmail] >>> U 0: [Gmail] >>> U 0: [Gmail] >>> U 0: [Gmail] >> >> Interestingly, when stepping through the code, I see several >> Gmail. occurring, but I do not see them in the listing. >> >>> >>> Actually, those are my Spam, Trash, and Drafts groups, plus the one >>> "HasChildren" [Gmail] mailbox. They just show up broken in the browse >>> list, I think because of the problem I outlined above. >>> >>> Mind you, I'm actually able to access those groups in the *Group* >>> buffer, I assume because the groups were already entered into my newsrc >>> file. >> >> Same here - and I think I saw them in an earlier version of gnus, but I >> am not sure. >> >>> >>> It would be nice if there was a dovecot option to say "quote mailbox >>> names no matter what," but I don't know if there is. I think the spec >>> says the names must be quoted if there's a space in them, but if not >>> it's up to the server. >> >> Agreed. AS I am using offlineimap, I could use name translation rules, >> but I kind of don't like the idea here. >> >>> >>> Just to confirm this, would you mind eval'ling this version of >>> nnimap-get-groups, and seeing if it helps? It's an ugly hack from ages >>> ago, that I used when I was having this problem, but then I stopped >>> using it, I don't remember why. It's possible I used it for a while, the >>> groups were entered correctly into my newsrc, and then when I stopped >>> using it it didn't break anything, so I let it go. >>> >>> One manual edit you'll have to make is to add a ^M control character >>> where I've indicated below -- I think it wouldn't survive the email >>> trip. >> >> OK - this is working. Thanks a lot. I will add it to my .gnus.el file >> until a release of gnus which includes a fix is released. > > Mostly I'm just glad because it proves I'm not crazy! When I ran into > this a year or so ago I posted to the list, and got nothing but > crickets. I didn't understand how I could be the only one having the > problem... Same here - I tried a few times on the other mailing list and no response there. > > I'm not sure if this is the best fix (it's certainly ugly), but it does > work, and I do think it's Gnus' responsibility to handle non-quoted > mailbox names -- they are legal. I hope someone else on the list has an > opinion on the best solution... Just send a bug report. > > Glad it's fixed! > > Eric > > > -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982