On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:46:43 -0400 Ted Zlatanov wrote: TZ> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:54:58 -0400 Ted Zlatanov wrote: TZ> On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 11:59:40 -0400 Ted Zlatanov wrote: TZ> Very often, my company's VPN will disconnect and my server connections TZ> will hang. I have to manually go into the server buffer and hit `C' on TZ> each server to close the connection, then C-g to cancel the ensuing TZ> timeout. I have 8 servers (NNTP and IMAP) so this is slow and annoying. TZ> My questions are: TZ> 1) is there a way to close all the server connections without the TZ> connection timeout? TZ> I should mention that I know about gnus-server-close-all-servers, but it TZ> doesn't do all the server connections. For some reason the variable TZ> gnus-inserted-opened-servers is an incomplete list after a VPN TZ> outage. TZ> I figured it out, finally. gnus-server-close-all-servers works on the TZ> servers defined in my Gnus setup, but not on those I subscribed directly TZ> through newsrc.eld (by visiting a foreign news server and subscribing to TZ> individual newsgroups). I believe this is a bug, can anyone verify? Here's a version of gnus-server-close-all-servers that works on all the server in the buffer. I preserved the old (buggy I think) behavior with the `some' parameter. Can I commit this change? It works for me. Unfortunately there were tabs in the gnus-srvr.el file (aren't we supposed to use untabify?) so the patch comes out too long. Here's the method: (defun gnus-server-close-all-servers (&optional some) "Close all servers. With SOME, only the inserted opened ones will be closed." (interactive) (let ((servers (if some gnus-inserted-opened-servers gnus-server-alist))) (dolist (server servers) (gnus-server-close-server (car server))))) in case you don't want to slog through the patch. Thanks Ted