From: Jan Hoffmann <hoffmann@cip.ifi.lmu.de>
To: ding@gnus.org
Cc: Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>
Subject: Re: Spam.el, ham-marks
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:45:42 -0800	[thread overview]

Hi Ted!

> TZ> this may be obvious, but did you also load and enable the
> TZ> gnus-registry?

Oh yeah, sure!  I use the registry independently from spam.el and it
works well.

> TZ> What version of Gnus do you use?

I use Gnus v5.11 on GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin8) of
2006-07-08.  Do you think it is a good Idea to start using a version
of the head branch?  If seen that there are many improvements in the
spam.el already.  But apart of that I'm happy with the stable branch.
Maybe I can just install a nwe version of spam.el from the head?  Are
there any revisions of the head that are known to be very stable?

> TZ> I'll debug this with you.  You're right, the expected behavior is that
> TZ> old articles should not be registered twice.

Thank you.

> TZ> p.s. the e-mail address "hoffmann *"@ifi.lmu.edu wasn't parsed right
> TZ> by Message-mode, I think.  I got an error from SMTP but the address
> TZ> was already split on space.

I hope the address comes out right this time!  It is

hoffmann <at> cip . ifi . lmu . de

By the way: It would be nice to have a feature to split the mails
depending on their spam score, i.e. to split mails with a score over
0.95 to the spam.likely group,  those between 0.75 and 0.95 to
spam.maybe, ...

Another thing that would be cool would be to have a customization of
gnus-spam-process-newsgroups in terms of the spam score.  I would like
to set for example (ham spam-use-bogofilter "0.4" "2") in ham groups.
That shall mean to learn only from messages that have a high spam
score (let's say over 0.4) to improve the wordlist.db.  The "2" shall
mean to learn it 2 times.  I've read that could be helpful and some
people like it.

Jan