* appt-select-lowest-window undefined
@ 2004-05-04 13:23 Chris Green
From: Chris Green @ 2004-05-04 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey folks

gnus.el:

(defalias 'gnus-appt-select-lowest-window 'appt-select-lowest-window)
is not defined. (require 'appt) provides it on Emacs (does not seem to
be autoloaded).  appt on XEmacs doesn't provide it but there is a
defun in gnus-xmas.el to do it.

This was coming from running a non-byte compiled gnus on Emacs.

Lowering the score then hitting ? to bring up the menu is what was
bringing up the problem.
--
Chris Green <cmg@dok.org>
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.

* Re: appt-select-lowest-window undefined
@ 2004-05-12 20:55 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-05-12 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Green <cmg@dok.org> writes:

> (defalias 'gnus-appt-select-lowest-window 'appt-select-lowest-window)
> is not defined. (require 'appt) provides it on Emacs (does not seem to
> be autoloaded).  appt on XEmacs doesn't provide it but there is a
> defun in gnus-xmas.el to do it.
>
> This was coming from running a non-byte compiled gnus on Emacs.

In general Gnus does not work if you don't byte-compile it -- so this
isn't really surprising (or a bug).

But autoloading `appt-select-lowest-window' does trigger another bug
that I had forgotten about: the first time I press ?, a Diary buffer
pops up replacing the article!  To avoid it I've just copied the
definition of `appt-select-lowest-window' instead loading appt.el.

--
Jesper Harder                                <http://purl.org/harder/>