* RSS gb2312 decoding bug?
@ 2003-09-12 12:19 Chunyu Wang
From: Chunyu Wang @ 2003-09-12 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I want to read RSS encoding with gb2312, but it's decoding is
wrong.

I want to debug it to find the reason, but my elisp skill is very very
poor, so i can't :(

example:

  In Group Buffer

    G R http://blog.online-edu.org/wujuan/index.rdf RET RET RET

  then enter that group, but both subject and body isn't readable. :(

that index.rdf file's first line:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="gb2312" ?>

Thanks.

--
Harbin Institute of Technology, China.
Chunyu Wang <spr@db.cs.hit.edu.cn>.

* Re: RSS gb2312 decoding bug?
@ 2003-09-13 15:31 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2003-09-13 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Chunyu Wang

Chunyu Wang <spr@db.cs.hit.edu.cn> writes:

> When I want to read RSS encoding with gb2312, but it's decoding is
> wrong.
>
> I want to debug it to find the reason, but my elisp skill is very very
> poor, so i can't :(
>
> example:
>
>   In Group Buffer
>
>     G R http://blog.online-edu.org/wujuan/index.rdf RET RET RET
>
>   then enter that group, but both subject and body isn't readable. :(
>
> that index.rdf file's first line:
>
>   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="gb2312" ?>

Currently, the nnrss.el does not support xml encoding charset. But the
workaround is to set the group charset manually. See charset section
in the Group Parameters node of Gnus info.

ShengHuo

* Re: RSS gb2312 decoding bug?
@ 2003-09-13 17:27   ` Mark A. Hershberger
From: Mark A. Hershberger @ 2003-09-13 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

>>   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="gb2312" ?>
>
> Currently, the nnrss.el does not support xml encoding charset. But the
> workaround is to set the group charset manually. See charset section
> in the Group Parameters node of Gnus info.

The right place to add this would be in xml.el.  I'll see if I can
manage that.

Mark.

* Re: RSS gb2312 decoding bug?
@ 2003-09-14  1:39   ` Chunyu Wang
From: Chunyu Wang @ 2003-09-14  1:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

  ZSH> Currently, the nnrss.el does not support xml encoding charset. But the
  ZSH> workaround is to set the group charset manually. See charset section
  ZSH> in the Group Parameters node of Gnus info.

I add the group parameters, but it seems that doesn't work. :(

  G R http://blog.online-edu.org/wujuan/index.rdf RET RET RET
  C-p
  G p ((charset . gb2312)) C-c C-c
  RET

summary buffer and article buffer same as before :(