* How to get rid of `KILL' buffer?
@ 1997-09-17 23:28 Stefan Waldherr
From: Stefan Waldherr @ 1997-09-17 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Stefan Waldherr

Hi,

I have this killfile ` /home/swa/.gnus/SCORE/KILL'. Now when I start gnus
freshly, enter a group and then display the buffer list there is this `KILL'
buffer in the list. Why is gnus doing that? It doesn't load my score files.

So my question simply is: how do I tell gnus not to load the file at all, yet
still use it for killing?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan.
--
Stefan Waldherr                office +1 (412) 268-3837
                                  fax +1 (412) 268-5576

* Re: How to get rid of `KILL' buffer?
@ 1997-09-18  1:45 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-09-18  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stefan Waldherr <swa@cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> I have this killfile ` /home/swa/.gnus/SCORE/KILL'. Now when I start gnus
> freshly, enter a group and then display the buffer list there is this `KILL'
> buffer in the list. Why is gnus doing that? It doesn't load my score files.
>
> So my question simply is: how do I tell gnus not to load the file at all, yet
> still use it for killing?

Gnus has to load the file to use it.  I don't know why Gnus doesn't
just kill it after using it, but that's the way it has always been, I
believe, so there's probably a reason for it.  Or not.