* Re: Clarification on bindings
       [not found] <m24tb5m4i2.fsf@proletcult.slip.ifi.uio.no>
@ 1997-06-11 21:07 ` Vladimir Alexiev
From: Vladimir Alexiev @ 1997-06-11 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> > To: gnus@gnus.org
> Did you mean to send this to ding@gnus.org?
Yes. Should I resend it? I see you've answered most of my questions.

> I don't think many bindings have been removed...  The deprecated
> bindings aren't generally documented, though-
Hmmm. Then perhaps I should not list them in the refcard either. Actually I
think that if they're deprecated, they should go. Does anyone object?

> > transient-mark-mode is set  %FIXME: how about zmacs-regions?
> Under XEmacs it uses `region-active-p'.  I'm not sure if that relates
> to zmacs-regions or not...
"If `zmacs-regions' is true, this is equivalent to `region-exists-p'.
 Otherwise, this function always returns false."
Great, then I'll mention it in the refcard.

> > ;; I mean here "Is the `M !' binding really gone?"
> No, but I don't think anyone uses it.
So I guess I shouldn't list it either.

> > DEL     & Scroll this article one page back.  [distance]\\ %FIXME (A DEL, A p, b)
Perhaps only `b' here "merits publication".

> > \&      & Execute a command on all articles matching a regexp.\\
> > %FIXME [Prefix: move backwards.]\\
> Yup.
Fix the manual then.

> > k       & Give a GroupLens {\bf rating} (1-5) to this thread.\\
> > %FIXME: how about the kill-thread binding?
> It's shadowed in buffers which have the grouplens minor mode.
Did I mention I find the GL bindings overly peculiar?

> > ;; there should be only two, `V g' give GL rating to this article, and `V
> > ;; G' give GL rating to this thread.
> it's important that the GroupLens key bindings be really simple, since
> people are meant to be hitting those keys all the time.
Hmmm. What do others think?

> Ooops.  I've now moved pop to `G o'.
Ok.

> > O o     & (o) Save this article using the default article saver. [p/p]\\ %FIXME: C-o
> > O p     & Pipe this article to a shell command. [p/p]\\ %FIXME: | ($\mid$)
> > S o m   & Forward this article by {\bf mail} to a person. [Prefix: include
> > full headers]\\ %FIXME  (C-c C-f)
I'll list C-o, | and C-c C-f. I like them.

> > %FIXME what's a wide reply? message.info doesn't describe it either
> It's a reply to all addresses listed in the From (or Reply-To), To, and Cc
> headers.
I suspected that much :-) Amend the message manual to mention that the default
implementation of the wide reply function does that.

> > T T     & {\bf Toggle} threading.\\ %FIXME (M-C-t)
> > W l     & Remove page breaks ({\bf^L}).\\ %FIXME (w)
> > W r     & Caesar-{\bf rotate} (rot13 decode).\\ %FIXME (C-c C-r)
> > W t     & {\bf Toggle} the displaying of all headers.\\ %FIXME (t)
> > W v     & Toggle permanent {\bf verbose} displaying of all headers.\\ %FIXME (v)
I'll list all these. Basically, I'll list the bindings that are not clearly
"subsumed" by other bindings: nobody would use M # if they have #.

> > %FIXME: are X b and X o really gone?
> Nope.  I've now documented them.
Ok. What exactly does X o do, simply assemble the series?

Thanks for the response!

* Re: Clarification on bindings
@ 1997-06-17 15:42   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-06-17 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vladimir Alexiev <vladimir@cs.ualberta.ca> writes:

> > > \&      & Execute a command on all articles matching a regexp.\\
> > > %FIXME [Prefix: move backwards.]\\
> > Yup.
> Fix the manual then.

So be it.

> > It's a reply to all addresses listed in the From (or Reply-To), To, and Cc
> > headers.

> I suspected that much :-) Amend the message manual to mention that
> the default implementation of the wide reply function does that.

The Message manual does say that, but the Gnus manual doesn't.  Fix in
Gnus v5.4.57.