* Problem with Gnus and duplicate messages.
@ 1997-02-11 10:00 Eze Ogwuma
From: Eze Ogwuma @ 1997-02-11 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Eze Ogwuma

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what's going on. I am using Gnus to read my mail via
nnml. I also use nndoc to incorporate news spools from other machines and
I am testing nndir as a way to incorporate burst digests.

When I get duplicate messages like announcements from "ding-announce" and
"ding" Gnus only displays one of them and no matter what I do I can't get
it to display them all.

If I use "G f" to access a mail spool file copied to my machine all of the
messages are not displayed.

Using "M P b" to mark and then "B r" to respool the messages only respools
the messages displayed.

Yesterday I respooled a nndir file with over 6380 messages in it to a new
nnml folder but Gnus only respooled about 5630.

Some of these messages were already on the system in other folders.

I don't mind not having to see duplicate messages, but I need Gnus to
move and respool them just like they were visible.

I am using 5.4.11 (soon to be 5.4.12) with the default nnml settings for
duplicates.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Eze Ogwuma.