* Anyone using topics in v0.16?
@ 1995-11-29 14:44 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1995-11-29 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Topics have completely flaked out on me with the introduction of
hierarchies and the gnus-topic-line-format.  At first, I thought the
problem was that I had defined the "topic" group parameter in a handful of
groups, but nothing changed when I removed them.

Then I tried going with the default value of gnus-group-topics, which
corrected one problem but found another problem with the fontification of
the topic-line.  (In particular, I got an error in the add-text-properties
call in gnus-topic-insert-topic-line.)

I notice that the topic-mode is not being loaded when I have set
gnus-group-prepare-function to 'gnus-group-prepare-topics.

--
Jack Vinson                                                  Sunderland, MA
jvinson@cheux.ecs.umass.edu    <http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/home.html>

* Re: Anyone using topics in v0.16?
@ 1995-11-29 20:50 ` Steven L. Baur
From: Steven L. Baur @ 1995-11-29 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had some problems getting going with hierarchical topics, but I've
got them enabled now.  My basic problem stemmed from setting
gnus-group-topic-topics-only to t, and having a t value for the SHOW
parameter in my gnus-group-topics settings.  Changing SHOW to nil
worked for me.

A number of settings will cause Gnus to go into infinite recursive
loops, so you may have to experiment a little.

I notice that the same display/bindings glitches in XEmacs are present
when running under Emacs 19.30, so there's still a bit of cleanup to
be done on it.
--
steve@miranova.com baur