On 2016-01-05 09:38, Rainer M Krug writes: >> But I think the idea is: if you're using an IMAP server, you're supposed >> to be letting the server do the searching, and give you the results. >> Searching the filesystem directly is kind of "going behind the server's >> back". I don't actually know if that would cause any real problems, but >> the code is definitely set up with that assumption in mind. > > That is exactly why I left GG as it is, and use notmuch search simply by > using the command notmuch-search. You y=could also define a new shortcut > for the function (which I think I did - but I have forgotten the > shortcut. M-x notmuch-search is much easier to remember as I do not > search that often). I have also used notmuch-search quite a bit, but there is one aspect I dislike: it's hard to jump back to gnus from a notmuch search. I have found a function that tries to do it (similar to the gnus links of orgmode) but sometimes it does not work (it does not find the message), and if there are unread messages in the target folders, it makes the most recent one read. Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7 Athmospheric CO₂ (Updated December 28, 2015, Mauna Loa Obs.): 402.60 ppm