* mailing list reply with CC
@ 2014-09-16 16:31 Clemens Schüller
From: Clemens Schüller @ 2014-09-16 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello!

How can I create a mailinglist reply with To to the list _and_ a CC to
the mail author?

TIA
--
Best Regards, Clemens Schüller

From: Rasmus @ 2014-09-17 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cs.mlists+gnus; +Cc: ding, cs.mlists

Clemens Schüller <cs.mlists+gnus@mailbox.org> writes:

> Hello!
>
> How can I create a mailinglist reply with To to the list _and_ a CC to
> the mail author?

In Gnus check the Post menu.  Maybe what you want is (very) wide
reply, invoked with S W or S V.

Hope it helps,
Rasmus

--
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?

@ 2014-09-24 15:13 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-09-24 15:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:31:38 +0200 Clemens Schüller <cs.mlists+gnus@mailbox.org> wrote:

CS> How can I create a mailinglist reply with To to the list _and_ a CC to
CS> the mail author?

I have this bound to `r':

r runs the command gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original (found
in gnus-summary-mode-map), which is an interactive compiled Lisp
function in `gnus-msg.el'.

It is bound to r, S V, <menu-bar> <Post> <Very wide reply and yank>.

(gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original N)

Start composing a very wide reply mail to the current message.
The original article will be yanked.

If you decide to add the CC later, reply, then:

C-c C-f C-c runs the command message-goto-cc (found in
message-mode-map), which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
`message.el'.

It is bound to C-c C-f C-c, <menu-bar> <Field> <Cc>.

(message-goto-cc)

Move point to the Cc header.

The CC header will be auto-created if it doesn't exist.  Conveniently,
this also works if you're following up to a newsgroup (Gnus will send a
separate e-mail).

HTH
Ted

* Re: mailing list reply with CC
@ 2014-10-05  9:05   ` Clemens Schüller
From: Clemens Schüller @ 2014-10-05  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hello!

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:31:38 +0200 Clemens Schüller <cs.mlists+gnus@mailbox.org> wrote:

> CS> How can I create a mailinglist reply with To to the list _and_ a CC to
> CS> the mail author?
>
> I have this bound to `r':
>
> r runs the command gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original (found
> in gnus-summary-mode-map), which is an interactive compiled Lisp
> function in `gnus-msg.el'.
>
> It is bound to r, S V, <menu-bar> <Post> <Very wide reply and yank>.

This runs neither with SL nor SV nor SW - the CC field don't exist in
all 3 variants.

I've tried it with your reply.

--
Best Regards, Clemens Schüller

@ 2014-10-05 12:46     ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-10-05 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clemens Schüller; +Cc: ding

Clemens Schüller <cs.mlists+gnus@mailbox.org> writes:

> Hello!
>
> Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:
>> On Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:31:38 +0200 Clemens Schüller <cs.mlists+gnus@mailbox.org> wrote:
>

>> CS> How can I create a mailinglist reply with To to the list _and_ a CC to
>> CS> the mail author?
>>
>> I have this bound to `r':
>>
>> r runs the command gnus-summary-very-wide-reply-with-original (found
>> in gnus-summary-mode-map), which is an interactive compiled Lisp
>> function in `gnus-msg.el'.
>>
>> It is bound to r, S V, <menu-bar> <Post> <Very wide reply and yank>.
>
> This runs neither with SL nor SV nor SW - the CC field don't exist in
> all 3 variants.
>
> I've tried it with your reply.

S V, S W, both generate this reply: To to the author, Cc to the
mailing list.

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 494 bytes --]

* [ solved ] (was: mailing list reply with CC)
@ 2014-10-05 13:10       ` Clemens Schüller
From: Clemens Schüller @ 2014-10-05 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: Clemens Schüller, ding

Hello!

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
> Clemens Schüller <cs.mlists+gnus@mailbox.org> writes:

>> This runs neither with SL nor SV nor SW - the CC field don't exist in
>> all 3 variants.
>>
>> I've tried it with your reply.
>
> S V, S W, both generate this reply: To to the author, Cc to the
> mailing list.

I've checked my posting styles. The error was, that I set To: in the
section for the ding ML.

Commented out and it runs as expected.

--
Best Regards, Clemens Schüller