* warp-to-article refactoring
@ 2011-10-07  9:43 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-10-07  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I'm about to do a bit of copy/paste programming from
nnir-warp-to-article, and it bothers me.  It looks to me like almost all
of nnir-warp-to-article ought to be in gnus-warp-to-article, and in fact
the thing that ought to be a "group function" instead of warp-to-article
is something more like get-article-origin, returning a
group-id/article-id pair.

The question is what kind of patch to submit upstream.  Do we need to
preserve warp-to-article as a hook, or is it OK to break the (maybe) one
user-written backend out there that implements it?  If not, I can
preserve it for backward compatibility, but the refactoring is going to
be a lot messier.

TIA,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-10-07  9:43 UTC | newest]