* Agent fetch for a particular server?
@ 2008-12-31 13:11 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2008-12-31 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Is there a way to make Agent fetch all articles from all groups on a
particular server (eg. my nnimap server)?

* Re: Agent fetch for a particular server?
@ 2009-01-01  5:14 ` William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2009-01-01  5:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> Is there a way to make Agent fetch all articles from all groups on a
> particular server (eg. my nnimap server)?

I think you can set gnus-select-method to that particular server when
running agent, use something like:

,----
`----

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org

* Re: Agent fetch for a particular server?
@ 2009-01-02  8:05   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2009-01-02  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> I think you can set gnus-select-method to that particular server when
> running agent, use something like:

> ,----
> | (if noninteractive
> | (setq gnus-select-method '((nnimap "imap.foo.bar")))
> | ;; else...
> | )
> `----

Hm... this is a way for batch fetching of articles from the imap server
into the Agent cache?

Interesting, but what I was looking for was an interactive command to
fetch all groups from a particular server.

(But thanx for taking the time to respond! :-) )

* Re: Agent fetch for a particular server?
@ 2009-01-02 18:44     ` William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2009-01-02 18:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

>> I think you can set gnus-select-method to that particular server when
>> running agent, use something like:
>
>> ,----
>> | (if noninteractive
>> | (setq gnus-select-method '((nnimap "imap.foo.bar")))
>> | ;; else...
>> | )
>> `----
>
> Hm... this is a way for batch fetching of articles from the imap server
> into the Agent cache?

Oh, yes.  I always run the Agent as a cron job at background.  And using
the following gnus deamon to read the cache:

,----
| (defun xwl-gnus-group-get-new-news ()
|   (interactive)
|   (if gnus-plugged
|       (gnus-group-get-new-news 3)
|     ;; Read agent cache.
|     (gnus-read-active-file)
|     (gnus-get-unread-articles)
|     (gnus-group-list-groups)))
`----

Seems working fine for me.  It would be better if there was a
gnus-agent-group-get-new-news for reading the cache, though.

--
William

http://williamxu.net9.org