* Couldn't request group
@ 2001-08-17 18:10 Per Bothner
From: Per Bothner @ 2001-08-17 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: per

My system rebooted unexpectedly, which corrupted by main mail directory.
Now, when I start gnus, new mail is readand split into appropriate groups:
nnml:mail.misc, nnml:mail.egcs, etc.  The weird thing is I can read
the mail filed into special-purpose groups (such as mail.egcs), but when
I try to select the default mail group nnml:mail.misc, I get:

        Can't request group nnml:mail.misc: 411 No Such Group

I have no idea what this is.  I've tried patching my
~/.newsrc-news.pacbell.net.eld file, but no difference.
I removed the mail/misc/.cache directory.  What next to try?

This is running gnus 5.8.8 on xemacs 21.4.3 on Re Hat 7.0.

(Note that this is a separate problem from my previous message,
where I used imap.  In this case I am not trying to use imap,
but just access my old nnml directory directly on the server machine.)
--
	--Per Bothner