* Search gwene from gnus?
@ 2014-09-23  8:47 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-09-23  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

And while we are at the topic searching:

Can I search gwene. groups from gnus? When trying to search them, I get
the message:

,----
| Can't search non-gmane groups: gwene.com.feedburner.neulich.im.garten
`----

Any way that I can search them from gnus?

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 494 bytes --]

* Re: Search gwene from gnus?
@ 2014-09-23 19:53 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-09-23 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 10:47:42 +0200 Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> wrote:

RMK> And while we are at the topic searching:
RMK> Can I search gwene. groups from gnus? When trying to search them, I get
RMK> the message:

RMK> ,----
RMK> | Can't search non-gmane groups: gwene.com.feedburner.neulich.im.garten
RMK> `----

RMK> Any way that I can search them from gnus?

On the Gnus side this can be trivially fixed in nnir.el, but
http://search.gmane.org/nov.php doesn't support searching gwene groups.

So I would ask in gmane.discuss if Lars doesn't see your request here.

Ted

* Re: Search gwene from gnus?
@ 2014-09-24  7:26   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-09-24  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 10:47:42 +0200 Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> wrote:
>
> RMK> And while we are at the topic searching:
> RMK> Can I search gwene. groups from gnus? When trying to search them, I get
> RMK> the message:
>
> RMK> ,----
> RMK> | Can't search non-gmane groups: gwene.com.feedburner.neulich.im.garten
> RMK> `----
>
> RMK> Any way that I can search them from gnus?
>
> On the Gnus side this can be trivially fixed in nnir.el, but
> http://search.gmane.org/nov.php doesn't support searching gwene groups.
>
> So I would ask in gmane.discuss if Lars doesn't see your request here.

Good to know - I will do so.

Thanks,

Rainer

--

@ 2014-09-24  8:37 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-09-24  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> And while we are at the topic searching:
>
> Can I search gwene. groups from gnus?

Does Gwene have search?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "if we are questioned, we tell the observers, april          Adam Sjøgren
  fools, and leave the area before you are also fooled   asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Search gwene from gnus?
@ 2014-09-24  8:54   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-09-24  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Sjøgren; +Cc: ding

> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>
>> And while we are at the topic searching:
>>
>> Can I search gwene. groups from gnus?
>
> Does Gwene have search?

I don't know - as gwene sits under gmane, I thought that a search should
work there as well.

Cheers,

Rainer

--

@ 2014-09-24 13:50     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-09-24 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>> Does Gwene have search?

> I don't know - as gwene sits under gmane, I thought that a search should
> work there as well.

I can't see any search on http://gwene.org/ so I assumed that there was
no such thing.

  :-),

   Adam

--
 "Your editor, having been blissfully unaware of the          Adam Sjøgren
  scourge of unnecessary calculators just waiting for    asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Search gwene from gnus?
@ 2014-09-24 15:03       ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2014-09-24 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:
>> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>>> Does Gwene have search?

>> I don't know - as gwene sits under gmane, I thought that a search should
>> work there as well.

> I can't see any search on http://gwene.org/ so I assumed that there was
> no such thing.

At one point in time they used the same news spool (and the same INN to
serve it).  I don't know if this is still the case...?

And even if this still is the case, I don't know if xapien indexes the
entire spool, or just the gmane.* hierarchy...?

* Re: Search gwene from gnus?
@ 2014-09-24 19:45         ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-09-24 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> At one point in time they used the same news spool (and the same INN to
> serve it).  I don't know if this is still the case...?

They still do, you can see the gmane.* groups on news.gwene.org and vice
versa.

> And even if this still is the case, I don't know if xapien indexes the
> entire spool, or just the gmane.* hierarchy...?

I guess it does not index gwene, as searching for a gwene-group gives an
error.

I'm not sure it makes much sense for it index gwene - there exist good
search engines for the web (but not for mailing lists, before
search.gmane.org - at least in my humble opinion).

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Denial springs eternal."                                    Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Search gwene from gnus?
@ 2014-09-24 20:41           ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2014-09-24 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 21:45:39 +0200 asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) wrote:

AS> I'm not sure it makes much sense for it index gwene - there exist good
AS> search engines for the web (but not for mailing lists, before
AS> search.gmane.org - at least in my humble opinion).

It makes sense to me.  At the very least I don't have to leave Gnus!

Ted

* Re: Search gwene from gnus?
@ 2014-09-25 10:22             ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2014-09-25 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)