From: David Engster <deng@randomsample.de>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: buildbot failure in Gnus on xemacs21.4-linux
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 14:18:55 +0200	[thread overview]

Katsumi Yamaoka writes:
> Are the gnus-buildbot mail sent to also the author, not only the
> committer?  If not, I hope those are done so.

Only the committer gets the mails; it used to be the author, but I
changed it because when authors commit to the Emacs trunk, they're
usually not terribly interested in stuff like XEmacs compatibility, so I
think that work is primarily on us. Also, most of the compiler warnings
so far were spurious and had to be dealt with in the Gnus trunk
(dgnushack.el or lpath.el), and the author might not have access to it
or isn't familiar with the process.

So far I've been unsuccessful to add author and committer to the
blamelist, since in Buildbot it seems there's always exactly *one*
person responsible for a change. But I will ask on the Buildbot
mailinglist.

-David