From: Jonas Steverud <tvrud@bredband.net>
Subject: Re: gnus-list-identifiers not stripped in threads started with
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:28:41 +0200	[thread overview]

Maciej Matysiak <phoner.ding@blah.pl> writes:

> On the 18th of May 2004 at 10:23, Jonas Steverud <tvrud#bredband.net> wrote:
[...]
>> I could confirm that nnmail-list-identifiers is applied before any
>> decoding of QP etc. but that gnus-summary-remove-list-identifiers (and
>> so is nnmail-remove-list-identifiers) is hard-coded to use Re: instead
>> of using a variable similar to message-subject-re-regexp¹.
>
> ouch. my m-s-r-r is quite different than the default:

Just for the record: m-s-r-r is only used in message-mode.

nnmail-remove-list-identifiers use
"^Subject: +\\(Re: +\\)?\\(" regexp " *\\)"
gnus-summary-remove-list-identifiers use
(concat "\\(\\(\\(Re: +\\)?\\(" regexp " *\\)\\)+\\(Re: +\\)?\\)")

Ouch.

IMHO there should be a gnus-re-regexp that then is used as the default
for m-s-r-r and used by the xxx-remove-list-id functions.

(I know I should implement this myself, but I haven't done the
bureaucracy to be able to do that, but I guess the number of todos
pile up until I get it done, or something...)

>> I suggestion is to check the offending emails literally (C-u g in
>> the summary) and see what the regexp acctually is applied to.
>
> as i mentioned before, it happens only when the message which started thread
> is not visible in the summary. real example:

OK, I haven't done such testing - I just saw what happened in the
summary and then started to read the removal functions. It maybe is so
that it is the thread gathering functions or the display functions
that is the culprit and not the remove-function? I.e. the error might
be elsewhere.

--
(        http://hem.bredband.net/steverud/        !     Wei Wu Wei     )
(        Meaning of U2 Lyrics, Roleplaying        !  To Do Without Do  )