Andrew Cohen writes: >>>>>> "Rainer" == Rainer M Krug writes: > > Rainer> <#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign> Steinar Bang > Rainer> writes: > > >>>>>>> Rainer M Krug : > >> > >>> Now that I can search gmane (perfect - love it!) I can't search > >>> my local imap server via notmuch anymore - any suggestions how I > >>> can achieve both via nnir or "G G"? > > Rainer> I had > > Rainer> ,---- | '(nnimap "Maildir" | (nnimap-stream shell) > Rainer> (nnimap-shell-program | > Rainer> "/usr/local/opt/dovecot/libexec/dovecot/imap -o | > Rainer> mail_location=maildir:$HOME/Maildir") | (nnir-search-engine > Rainer> 'notmuch))) `---- > > Rainer> in my gnus file, but it produced an error message. > > > "G G" should use whatever search engine you have configured. Setting > nnir-search-engine in the server spec to notmuch will make "G G" use > notmuch for that server. You don't say what error you received; I think > that you should use the name of the server rather than a symbol (that > is, try (nnir-search-engine notmuch) without the apostrophe). Sounds like an idea - I'll try it out. But I do not assume that that is working if it is not when notmuch is set as default search engine for imap (I use only local imap with maildir as backend, which is indexed by notuch). > > You will have to configure variables for notmuch. Notmuch from the command line is working - if you refer to parameters relating to nnir, which ones do I have to set? > I don't use the notmuch engine so I can't help you with this > configuration, but you can read the notmuch docs and maybe someone on > the list who does use it can chime in. Thanks, Rainer > > Regards, > Andy > > > -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982