Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: > Rainer M Krug writes: > >> One thing I miss from Thunderbird, is the possibility to upload arge >> attachments to a cloud storage and to include in the email the link to >> the file instead of the original document. >> >> Is something similar possible in gnus? > > What mechanism does Thunderbird use to do that? I don't now about the internal mechanisms, but in principal it is doing the following: 1) Initially, cloud storage accounts are setup (e.g. ubuntu one or dropbox) 2) when an attachment is above a certain size, it is uploaded (presumibly https?) to the cloud storage 3) a link to the shared file on the cloud storage account is returned and inserted ionto the email, so that the recipient can download it from there. The uplaoded attachments are public, i.e. can be downloaded from everybody with the url. Rainer -- Rainer M. Krug email: RMKruggmailcom