From: Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com>
Subject: Re: gnus-mh.el
Date: 23 Feb 1996 09:55:13 -0800	[thread overview]

>>>>> "Lars" == Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

Lars> I've never used mh-e or the Gnus interface to the same -- and the
Lars> interface just doesn't work properly.  I'd be most grateful if someone
Lars> who uses the gnus-mh stuff would look into the problem and try to come
Lars> up with code that works better.

The futility of dealing with the Gnus interface to mh forced me into
nnml, and I have no desire to switch back.  After having dealt with
both nnml and mh-e, I don't see much need to encourage use of mh-e.
It's terrible^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hnon-graphical and clunky.  A better use
of resources might be to eliminate mh-e support and add some stuff to
nnml to replace it.

All that would be involved for that would be to maintain an mh style
unseen sequence file, and a reliable rebuild overview file function
per folder.  The latter is done right?

I see compatibility with an mh front end like exmh as being more
useful.  You can use nnml with exmh as is, the only thing really
lacking is keeping the mh unseen records up to date.

Comments?
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.