Michael Heerdegen writes: > Do we know if the original higher limit had ever been reached? Oh, yes! Eric Abrahamsen writes: > Well if you're using it for splitting then you probably do want to keep > a slightly larger registry, you never know when you'll get a followup to > an existing message. You can also use `gnus-registry-ignored-groups' to > restrict entry collection to groups you care about. Ah, indeed. I suppose I could explicitly exclude a fair number of groups, I’ve just never bothered. Colin Baxter writes: > Dear Norman, >>>>>> Norman Walsh writes: > > The relevant settings appear to be: > > (setq gnus-registry-max-entries 20000 > > gnus-registry-split-strategy nil > > gnus-registry-use-long-group-names t > > gnus-registry-track-extra '(recipient)) > > There appears to be no variable "gnus-registry-use-long-group-names", at > least in gnus v5.13. Could this be significant? Interesting. There used to be, I’m sure. (I’ve been carrying my gnus config along from place to place since the 90’s!) But I’ll take that out. I did a fairly significant review/refactoring/rewriting of my ~/.emacs.d/init.el file and its ancillary bits and bobs last year, but I didn’t do much to my .gnus file. Too important to risk breaking is my excuse, I guess. Be seeing you, norm -- Norman Walsh | Sarchasm: The gulf between the author http://nwalsh.com/ | of sarcastic wit and the person who | doesn't get it.