On 2014-09-25 01:40, Eric Abrahamsen writes: > To be clear, I use dovecot as a local imap cache. Originally I wasn't > using it as a daemon: mail came in via isync, which called dovecot at > /usr/lib/dovecot/imap. Then gnus called the same executable via > nnimap-shell-program to get the mail. Dovecot only "woke up" when one or > the other program called it. > > Nnir search just used whatever search facilities dovecot provided out of > the box. It was slow. I read about integrating lucene into dovecot, and > as far as I could tell it wouldn't work when you were just calling > dovecot's imap executable -- you had to be running a dovecot instance. > > So I switched to an always-running dovecot instance, configured the > lucene indexer, and now the exact same nnir searches go like lightning. > > That's basically a summary of the blog post :) I'd be really curious to hear more about this. Please let us know when you publish your post. Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7