* is there updated archived-at link in gmane.io
@ 2020-12-20  9:27 William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2020-12-20  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

With gnus-summary-toggle-header, the archived-at still shows the link to
the old gmane.org, e.g.,

is there an updated link for gmane.io?

--
William

* Re: is there updated archived-at link in gmane.io
@ 2020-12-22 17:20 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2020-12-22 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

William writes:

> is there an updated link for gmane.io?

No, gmane.io is nntp only article-wise.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Remember, kids! If it runs Emacs, it's a computer.        Adam Sjøgren
  Otherwise, it's a peripheral."                       asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: is there updated archived-at link in gmane.io
@ 2020-12-22 18:17   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2020-12-22 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Adam Sjøgren wrote:

>>> With gnus-summary-toggle-header, the archived-at still
>>> shows the link to the old gmane.org, e.g.,

>>> is there an updated link for gmane.io?
>>
>> is there an updated link for gmane.io?
>
> No, gmane.io is nntp only article-wise.

That's cryptic enough for me ... if someone puts up a web
interface/archive, is it even possible for that to be NNTP?
And what does that mean?

Also ... how about simply removing that header along with the
br0ken URL?

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: is there updated archived-at link in gmane.io)
@ 2020-12-23  1:38     ` Byung-Hee HWANG
From: Byung-Hee HWANG @ 2020-12-23  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Gnus

Emanuel Berg <moasenwood@zoho.eu> writes:

>>> is there an updated link for gmane.io?
>>
>> No, gmane.io is nntp only article-wise.
>
> That's cryptic enough for me ... if someone puts up a web
> interface/archive, is it even possible for that to be NNTP?
> And what does that mean?
>
> Also ... how about simply removing that header along with the
> br0ken URL?

Another story:
Still Lars has to do *recovery* for gmane.org domain, i guess.
Also a few hours ago i did check some whois information:

#+begin_src text
Domain Name: GMANE.ORG
Registry Domain ID: D83725716-LROR
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namesilo.com
Registrar URL: www.namesilo.com
Updated Date: 2020-02-25T22:22:00Z
Creation Date: 2002-02-17T20:16:13Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2021-02-17T20:16:13Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date:
Registrar: Namesilo, LLC
Registrar IANA ID: 1479
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abuse@namesilo.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4805240066
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registrant Organization: See PrivacyGuardian.org
Registrant State/Province: AZ
Registrant Country: US
Name Server: EVA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: BOB.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned
URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form https://www.icann.org/wicf/)
>>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2020-12-23T01:24:07Z <<<
#+end_src

Sincerely, Gnus-Gmane fan Byung-Hee

--
^고맙습니다 _布德天下_ 감사합니다_^))//

* Re: is there updated archived-at link in gmane.io)
@ 2020-12-23  3:17       ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2020-12-23  3:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:

> Another story: Still Lars has to do *recovery* for gmane.org
> domain, i guess. Also a few hours ago i did check some whois
> information [...]

I'm not sure what you are saying here but it feels like if
active development is done on Gmane removing that header seems
like a trivial task.

I might be wrong tho and as for me, that header certainly
doesn't bug or annoy me.

--

@ 2020-12-23  6:45         ` Byung-Hee HWANG
From: Byung-Hee HWANG @ 2020-12-23  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: The Gnus

Emanuel Berg <moasenwood@zoho.eu> writes:

> Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:
>
>> Another story: Still Lars has to do *recovery* for gmane.org
>> domain, i guess. Also a few hours ago i did check some whois
>> information [...]
>
> I'm not sure what you are saying here but it feels like if
> active development is done on Gmane removing that header seems
> like a trivial task.
>
> I might be wrong tho and as for me, that header certainly
> doesn't bug or annoy me.

Dear Emanul,

It might be my hope for gmane.org, not Lars' thought. Just drop my
before comment quietly. Sorry for the confusion.

Sincerely, Gmane-Gnus fan Byung-Hee

--
^고맙습니다 _布德天下_ 감사합니다_^))//

* Re: is there updated archived-at link in gmane.io)
@ 2020-12-23 13:50         ` William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2020-12-23 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Emanuel Berg <moasenwood@zoho.eu> writes:

> I might be wrong tho and as for me, that header certainly
> doesn't bug or annoy me.

Usually it doesn't bother me too. Just sometimes for whatever reason, `A
T' or gnus-summary-refer-thread doesn't show all old posts in the
thread, then I used to visit the archived URL to see the full thread.

--
William