* error "Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)"
@ 2016-01-08  7:57 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2016-01-08  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi,

When doing `A T' (gnus-summary-refer-thread), I am getting an error.
Can anyone help?  The backtrace is here:
https://gist.github.com/dabrahams/d39ed6ddad36f161415c

TIA,
Dave

* Re: error "Invalid search bound (wrong side of point)"
@ 2016-01-08  8:47 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2016-01-08  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When doing `A T' (gnus-summary-refer-thread), I am getting an error.
> Can anyone help?  The backtrace is here:
> https://gist.github.com/dabrahams/d39ed6ddad36f161415c

I got the same thing a day or so ago, I thought I'd screwed up something
while moving a message, or... Anyway, I couldn't figure it out.

Because the error had something NOV in it (I don't know what that is),
that led me to the agent, and what I ended up doing was de-agenting the
server in question, deleting the agent info for that server,
"exercising" Gnus for a while (getting new mail, restarting, etc), then
re-agenting the server. All was well.

So obviously I have *no* idea what that was, but this did fix it for me,
and I haven't seen it again since.