* browse url address...
@ 1996-01-12  9:16 Jari Aalto
From: Jari Aalto @ 1996-01-12  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Pardon folks,

	This is not GNUS related question, but I shroudly
	remember that someone posted piece of elisp code
	that would call lynx to view the url address inside
	emacs.

	Would someone please post the code again, or giva me
	pointer to package(s) that does the same.

	Thank you.
	/jari

* Re: browse url address...
@ 1996-01-12 17:15 ` Steven L. Baur
From: Steven L. Baur @ 1996-01-12 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Jari> 	Pardon folks,

    Jari> 	This is not GNUS related question, but I shroudly
    Jari> remember that someone posted piece of elisp code that would
    Jari> call lynx to view the url address inside emacs.

    Jari> 	Would someone please post the code again, or giva me
    Jari> pointer to package(s) that does the same.

>From the mailing list archives:

	http://www.miranova.com/gnus-list/Nov-1995/0103.html

(defun gnus-lynx-start-url (url)
  "Start the Lynx w3 browser on a URL."
  (start-process (concat "lynx" url) nil "xterm" "-e" "lynx" url))

(setq browse-url-browser-function (function gnus-lynx-start-url))

--
steve@miranova.com baur