* Gravatar timeouts
@ 2011-04-11 21:07 Norman Walsh
From: Norman Walsh @ 2011-04-11 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Hi folks,

I turned on 'gnus-gravatar a couple of weeks ago. It's just eye candy,
but it's occasionally nice to be reminded what my correspondents look
like :-)

My one complaint is that if you're offline, waiting for the request
From www.gravatar.com to timeout is annoying.

It appears that the retrieve code bottoms out in

   (url-retrieve-synchronously ...)

and a quick look through url.el doesn't suggest that there's any way
to change the timeout value (I'd be happy if it gave up after two or
three seconds instead of thirty).

Anyone know if the timeout value can be set explicitly, short of
completely replacing the HTTP library, if possible?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | The irrational is not necessarily
http://nwalsh.com/            | unreasonable.--Sir Lewis Namier

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 186 bytes --]

* Re: Gravatar timeouts
@ 2011-04-12  9:44 ` Julien Danjou
From: Julien Danjou @ 2011-04-12  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Norman Walsh; +Cc: ding