On Mon, 09 Jun 2003, Kai Großjohann wrote: > The FSF wants to have a copyright assignment for everything that is > part of Emacs. This way, when somebody violates the GPL, the FSF can > defend it. I understand that if many people hold the copyright for > pieces of Emacs, then those people would have to cooperate to defend > the copyright. That sounds perfectly reasonable. But what do I have to do to assign all copyrights to the FSF? (I've checked the FSF homepage, but haven't found the HOW, only the WHY.) > As an example, here is how Gnus invokes nnchoke-request-article: [...] > You have a function gnus-group-article-list which is intended to do > the same, but it uses a different mechanism. For example, the Wow, that's cool. Thanks for letting me know. > I hope I'm not offending you with this stuff, I think you have a Not offended, on the contrary. So, I've recoded it following your guidelines. In fact, I've found a function called gnus-request-group-articles, which, according to its docstring, is doing the same as gnus-group-article-list. There was no equivalent backend function for nnml, so I've done that, but there *was* one for the nntp backend, which always returned t instead of a list of article numbers. As far as I could tell, these functions weren't used at all, so I removed nntp-request-group-articles with another patch. :-{ I could have taken the other road and added a new function (say, gnus-request-group-artcile-list) to gnus-int.el which seemingly does the same, but that doesn't sound good either. What do you think? New patches are attached. David