* Why I have to use w3m instead of shr
@ 2016-05-09 19:47 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2016-05-09 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

Rendering HTML messages that contain code, like
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.evolution/16235 for
example, doesn't work out well with shr because it doesn't render
leading nbsp entities, so indentation disappears.  Is there a plan to
fix this behavior?

Thanks,

--
-Dave

* Re: Why I have to use w3m instead of shr
@ 2016-05-09 19:59 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-05-09 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Abrahams; +Cc: ding

Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:

> Rendering HTML messages that contain code, like
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.evolution/16235 for
> example, doesn't work out well with shr because it doesn't render
> leading nbsp entities, so indentation disappears.  Is there a plan to
> fix this behavior?

It was fixed some months ago, I think?  On the Emacs trunk.

* Re: Why I have to use w3m instead of shr
@ 2016-05-09 23:00   ` Katsumi Yamaoka
From: Katsumi Yamaoka @ 2016-05-09 23:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

On Mon, 09 May 2016 21:59:19 +0200, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> It was fixed some months ago, I think?  On the Emacs trunk.

Works perfectly.  ELP says shr is several times faster than w3m.

* Re: Why I have to use w3m instead of shr
@ 2016-05-22 18:45   ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2016-05-22 18:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

on Mon May 09 2016, Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi-AT-gnus.org> wrote:

> Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:
>
>> Rendering HTML messages that contain code, like
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.swift.evolution/16235 for
>> example, doesn't work out well with shr because it doesn't render
>> leading nbsp entities, so indentation disappears.  Is there a plan to
>> fix this behavior?
>
> It was fixed some months ago, I think?  On the Emacs trunk.

Hmm.  I wonder when that'll finally be released?

--

@ 2016-05-23  5:30     ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2016-05-23  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

> Hmm.  I wonder when that'll finally be released?

I'm guessing when emacs 25 is released.

* Re: Why I have to use w3m instead of shr
@ 2016-05-23 14:42       ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2016-05-23 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

on Sun May 22 2016, Steinar Bang <sb-AT-dod.no> wrote:

>> Hmm.  I wonder when that'll finally be released?
>
> I'm guessing when emacs 25 is released.

That's what I meant :-)

--
-Dave