* Difference between M-C-k and d?
@ 2016-01-04  9:55 Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2016-01-04  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I am using threaded view in my imap folders and I am wondering about the
topic commands:

M-C-k (Mark Tread as Read) results in "K", while d
(gnus-summary-mark-as-read-forward) in "r".

Killing is for me equivalent to deleting - is this also the case here?
Is "killing" and "mark as read" the semae for an imap mailbox?

Thanks,

Rainer

--
Rainer M. Krug
email: Rainer<at>krugs<dot>de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Difference between M-C-k and d?
@ 2016-02-06  6:09 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2016-02-06  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer M Krug; +Cc: ding

Rainer M Krug <Rainer@krugs.de> writes:

> I am using threaded view in my imap folders and I am wondering about the
> topic commands:
>
> M-C-k (Mark Tread as Read) results in "K", while d
> (gnus-summary-mark-as-read-forward) in "r".
>
> Killing is for me equivalent to deleting - is this also the case here?
> Is "killing" and "mark as read" the semae for an imap mailbox?

Yeah, all those marks just means "read".  But they can be used to
distinguish different types of actions when using adaptive scoring.  For
instance, you could score threads you kill harsher than other kinds of
read articles.

* Re: Difference between M-C-k and d?
@ 2016-02-08 11:51   ` Rainer M Krug
From: Rainer M Krug @ 2016-02-08 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)