Tassilo Horn writes: > Rainer M Krug writes: > > Hi Rainer, > >> I would like to have all gnus related files in one directory (~/.gnus >> or ~/.emacs.d/gnus - undecided still) but I would obviously like to >> keep my configs, newsgroups subscriptions, ... >> >> So which files / directories do I have to move to have all this >> available? >> >> There is also the gnus-directory - Is this automatically changed to >> gnus-home-directory/News/ if I change the gnus-home-directory? > > I also wanted to have most gnus stuff (especially News and Mail) in some > hidden directory (I called in ~/.gnus.d/). Therefore I have > > (setq gnus-home-directory "~/.gnus.d/" > gnus-init-file "~/.gnus.el" > message-directory (expand-file-name "Mail/" > gnus-home-directory)) > > in my ~/.emacs (it must be in ~/.emacs rather than ~/.gnus.el so that > the variable is already set to my likings when gnus is loaded). > > Using that setup, ~/.gnus.d/ contains the Mail and News folders, and > also the .newsrc, .newsrc.eld, and .gnus.registry.eieio files. I've > simply moved them from $HOME in there. Thanks - just did the same and everything is still there - I actiualy like the ide of the hidden . folder In addition, I set the gnus-init-file to ~/.emacs.d/gnus.el - but I might move it to the .gnus folder. Cheers, Rainer > > HTH, > Tassilo -- Rainer M. Krug email: RMKruggmailcom