From: Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: fetching old headers
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 08:10:04 -0500	[thread overview]

> Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:
>
>> I'm using gnus v5.13 on 3 different Macs, all using the same .gnus.el
>> file. On all three, gnus-fetch-old-headers is set to t. Also, they're
>> all reading via nnimap from the same IMAP server.
>>
>> Yet the gnus-fetch-old-headers only seems to work on one of them. I only
>> see earlier messages in the thread, marked with O, on one machine.
>>
>> Is there something else, some other variable or state, that could affect
>> this behavior?
>
> Are you using the same Emacs version on all three machines?  And are you
> using the Agent?

Evidently not (though I thought I was.) The one that's showing old
headers is running
Aquamacs 3.2 GNU Emacs 24.4.51.2,
but the other two are running
Aquamacs 3.0 GNU Emacs 24.3.50.2

So maybe that's it. I'll try upgrading the other machines.

As for Agent, I'm not working offline, so I thought that was not
relevant.

Thanks!

-pd