Eric Abrahamsen writes: > Steinar Bang writes: > >>>>>>> Eric Abrahamsen : >> >>> I swear I'm cursed, I'm the only person on this list who has ever had >>> imap splitting problems. If you search the archives for "imap split", >>> it's all me. >> >> Yes, well... I use procmail with a file that has survived and mutatet >> since the mid-ninties, to split incoming into IMAP folders visited by >> nnimap. >> >> (I'm aware that there are supposedly better mail filtering out there. I >> had something sieve'y working in my cyrus years, but I happily ditched >> that when I ditched cyrus for dovecot. But it just seems like too much >> work...) > > If it wasn't for the fact that most of my accounts are Gmail accounts, > I'd definitely be doing my splitting on the server. But Gmail filters > just seem a little weak compared to fancy splitting... > What about imapfilter [1] ? From the README: ,---- | Description | | IMAPFilter is a mail filtering utility. It connects to remote mail servers | using the Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP), sends searching queries to | the server and processes mailboxes based on the results. It can be used to | delete, copy, move, flag, etc. messages residing in mailboxes at the same or | different mail servers. The 4rev1 and 4 versions of the IMAP protocol are | supported. | | IMAPFilter uses the Lua programming language as a configuration and extension | language. `---- I use it for basic filtering, but I am sure you can do very fancy things with it. But it is always nice to not use to many tools. Cheers, Rainer Footnotes: [1] https://github.com/lefcha/imapfilter -- Rainer M. Krug email: RMKruggmailcom